Context of the position
CFI is the French media cooperation agency, mainly funded by the French Ministry of European and Foreign Affairs, and is responsible for coordinating and implementing public aid policy for promoting and enhancing the media in developing countries. CFI is currently involved in around thirty projects that fall within four major programs: media and pluralism, media and enterprise, media and development, and media and human resources.
As part of
a multisectoral program implemented by a German, Spanish, and French consortium (Qudra), CFI is contracted as an implementing partner to deliver reliable, neutral, and actionable information to Syrian refugees and vulnerable host communities, in Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey, on issues related to their daily life, to foster social cohesion. The information produced and disseminated tackles a wide range of issues, from protection matters to registration procedures, employment, housing, education, or health. In the frame of this project, CFI is recruiting a National Project manager, whose main roles and responsibilities are detailed below.
The National Project Manager works under the direct responsibility of the Regional Coordinator of the project, based in Jordan.
- The National Project Manager works closely with the program's consortium members and with local stakeholders (international organizations, authorities, Jordanian organizations, service providers)
- He/she works with CFI HQ, more particularly with the project dedicated team (based in Paris)
- He/she coordinates a network of local information management officers (LIMOs), who support the collection and centralization of service-oriented information
Tasks and responsibilities
Production of information
- Identify priority communication messages based on relevant data and statistics as well as on information gathered by partners and LIMOs;
- Conduct field visits to explore the refugees' situation on the ground, when needed;
- Consult with experts and conduct research to better delineate the perimeter of our campaigns: who, what, why, where, how;
- Develop actionable messages and elaborate communication plans;
- Coordinate with partners and ensure the proofreading of the messages (main stakeholders working on similar topics, UN agencies, EU, Ministries);
- Support the production process, based mostly on video.
Dissemination of information
- Support the design of a mass media strategy for dissemination: collect, analyze and assess information about available mass media with a focus on audience measurement, area coverage, and media ownership;
- Support the design of a social media strategy for dissemination: establish contacts with influencers' pages' administrators and identify potential cooperation; produce monthly analytics reports that connect social media activity to impact and the growth of our community;
- Under the Regional Coordinator guidance, organize national outreach campaigns.
- Draft weekly activity reports;
- Ensure the daily office management;
- Follow-up the allocated budget;
- Liaise with the LIMOs on administration and financial issues (timesheets, invoices, expenses);
- Watch security and assess potential risks jeopardizing the team members' security and CFI activities in Jordan.
- Attend meetings and represent CFI during working groups;
- Liaise with local authorities and ensure the project is implemented in compliance with the Jordanian law and regulation;
- In close relationship with the Regional Coordinator, liaise with consortium members and international and local organizations to ensure activities are implemented in the best way possible.
Arabic: full professional proficiency
English: full professional proficiency
Skills and experiences
This position requires experience in:
-Information production and dissemination / media projects;
-Community-based information management on multisectoral issues.
The position also requires
-Experience in Arab countries;
-Experience in budget monitoring;
-Analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
-Good inter-personal and writing abilities;
-Adaptability, sense of integrity and responsibility.
Job years of experience: 5-9 years
Relevant educational background in production, communications, journalism or a media-related field / international relations or political sciences.
Position: National Project manager
Status: Self-employed consultant (full time mission)
Starting date: November 2017
Program duration: 21 months
Contract duration: 12 months renewable
Interested candidates should submit their CV with a covering letter (max. 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Deadline for applications: October,8th, 2017