Position: Project media coordinator / self-employed individual.
Country of duty: Jordan
Location: Amman and Governorates
Program duration: 48 months (started in April 2017)
Contract duration: in average 10 days per months, depending on activities – between November 2017 and April 2021
Context of the mission:
CFI is a French media cooperation agency mainly funded by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development, and is responsible for coordinating and implementing public aid policy for promoting and enhancing the media in developing countries. CFI is currently involved in around thirty projects that fall within four major programmes: media and pluralism, media and enterprise, media and development, and media and human resources.
In the frame of the Jordanian Democratic institutions & Development ("EU JDID") project implemented by ECES, of which it is a consortium member, CFI will implement the following activities:
- Support to the production of radio programs
- Political journalism trainings
- Members of the Parliament media trainings
- A conference on social media and politics
In the frame of this project, CFI is seeking for a project media coordinator (consultant, self-employed), in order to provide the services detailed below.
Objectives of the mission:
Support CFI in implementing its project by acting as a local coordinator by liaising with CFI partners and local media to:
- Participate to the selection of activities' beneficiaries
- Facilitate trainings and events organisation
- Support CFI on activities monitoring and evaluation
- Report to CFI headquarters in Paris and regional coordinator in Jordan.
He/She will be entrusted by CFI Asia and Mediterranean project manager in Paris and reports on a regular basis to CFI coordinator in Jordan.
The Media and Journalism training coordinator works closely with the project's local stakeholders:
- Other CFI experts on the project: Senior political Journalism expert, Political science expert, Radio journalism expert, Media monitoring expert.
- CFI partners on EU JDID project
- CFI regional coordinator
- Jordanian media
Expected performances :
1) Selection of activities' beneficiaries
- Support to CFI headquarters project manager and Jordanian experts on contacting Jordanian media and journalists to apply to training sessions
- Support to CFI headquarters project manager and Jordanian experts on contacting Jordanian media and journalists to apply to "MP to people" radio programs call for applications
- Manage registrations to trainings
- Answer requests for information from candidates and selected participants
- Supply and update a database of candidates
2) Training and event facilitation
- Act as local facilitator for the organization and smooth implementation of trainings and events, in coordination with ECES Jordan team, CFI Paris headquarters and Jordanian experts.
- Make sure that attendance lists are signed
3) Training monitoring and evaluation
- Collect participants post-training evaluation questionnaires
- Perform post-training evaluation interviews
- Follow-up on post-training participants publications
4) Reporting to CFI headquarters in Paris
- Report to CFI weekly basis on work performed (in the form of bullet points, sent by email)
- Send a formal activity report to CFI (base on a template provided by CFI)
- Jordanian citizenship
- A bachelor's degree in journalism and at least 5 years of working experience in the area
- Member of a journalist professional organization
- Experience as a political reporter and in the Jordan House of Representativesis considered a strong asset
- Experience with media development projects and international donors
- Previous experiences in event organization and logistics
- Previous experiences of post-training evaluation data collection and analysis
- Capacity to work from long distance and to communicate regularly
- Strong willingness to carry out administrative and logistical tasks.
English: full professional proficiency
Applications (CV + cover letter + fees expectations) may be addressed to the following address until Monday 13 November: email@example.com
Terms of Reference