Position: National Project manager
Status: Self-employed consultant (full-time mission)
Starting date: September 16, 2019
Context of the position:
A subsidiary of the France Médias Monde group, CFI, the French media cooperation agency, supported by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, is in charge of the coordination and implementation of public aid policy to promote and enhance media in developing countries. CFI is currently involved in around thirty projects that fall within four major programs: media and pluralism, media and enterprise, media and development, and media and human resources.
As part of a multisectoral program implemented by a German, Spanish, and French consortium, CFI was designated by the French public agency Expertise France to deliver reliable, neutral, and actionable information to Syrian refugees and vulnerable host communities in Jordan and Lebanon in order to foster social cohesion. The information produced and disseminated targets equally local host communities and Syrian refugees, and tackles a wide range of issues, from protection matters to registration procedures, employment, children and women protection, or waste management.
The National Project Manager works under the direct responsibility of the Regional Coordinator of the project, based in Jordan.
- The National Project Manager works closely with the program's consortium members, mainly with Expertise France and GIZ teams, as well as with local stakeholders (authorities, international organizations, service providers);
- He/she manages a team of research and production, who support the collection, production and dissemination of information.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- PRODUCTION OF INFORMATION
- Identify communication gaps and priority messages, based on relevant data and statistics as well as on information gathered by partners and authorities;
- Consult with experts and conduct research to better delineate the perimeter of our campaigns: who, what, why, where, how;
- Conduct field visits to explore the refugees' situation on the ground, when needed;
- Develop actionable messages and elaborate communication plans, in coordination with local media;
- Coordinate with partners and ensure the proofreading of the messages (main stakeholders working on similar topics, Ministries, UN agencies, EU);
- Organize meetings and workshops with emerging journalists to ensure a long-term commitment of local media on the issues covered;
- Support the production process, based mostly on video.
2)DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION
- Support the design of a mass media strategy for dissemination: collect, analyze and assess information about available mass media with a focus on audience measurement, area coverage, and media ownership;
- Craft a social media strategy for dissemination: establish contacts with influencers' pages' administrators and identify potential cooperation; produce monthly analytics reports that connect social media activity to impact and the growth of our community;
- Develop face-to-face dissemination activities with our partners and the local media;
- As much as possible, involve journalists and influencers in every step of the dissemination process;
- Organize national outreach campaigns.
- Draft activity reports;
- Ensure the daily office management;
- Follow-up with the allocated budget;
- Liaise with the staff on administration and financial issues (timesheets, invoices, expenses);
- Watch security and assess potential risks jeopardizing the team members' security and CFI activities.
- Attend meetings and represent CFI during working groups;
- Liaise with local authorities and ensure the project is implemented in compliance with the national law and regulation;
- In close relationship with the Regional Coordinator, liaise with consortium members and international and local organizations to ensure activities are implemented in the best way possible.
Full professional proficiency of Arabic and English
This position requires experience in:
- Information production and dissemination / media projects;
- Community-based information management on multisectoral issues;
- Experience in Arab countries;
- Experience in budget monitoring;
- Analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Good inter-personal and writing abilities;
- Adaptability, sense of integrity and responsibility.
Relevant educational background in production, communications, journalism or a media-related field / international relations or political sciences.
Interested candidates should submit their CV with a cover letter (max. 2 pages) to email@example.com by 22 August 2019.