Position: Outreach Officer
Status: Self-employed consultant (full-time mission)
Starting date: September 16, 2019
Context of the position:
A subsidiary of the France Médias Monde group, CFI, the French media cooperation agency, supported by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, is in charge of the coordination and implementation of public aid policy to promote and enhance media in developing countries. CFI is currently involved in around thirty projects that fall within four major programs: media and pluralism, media and enterprise, media and development, and media and human resources.
As part of a multisectoral program implemented by a German, Spanish, and French consortium, CFI was designated by the French public agency Expertise France to deliver reliable, neutral, and actionable information to Syrian refugees and vulnerable host communities in Jordan and Lebanon in order to foster social cohesion. The information produced and disseminated targets equally local host communities and Syrian refugees, and tackles a wide range of issues, from protection matters to registration procedures, employment, children and women protection, or waste management.
The Outreach Officer works under the direct responsibility of the National Project Manager and in liaison with the Regional Coordinator.
Tasks and responsibilities:
1) Development of information campaigns from a social media perspective
- Participate in the elaboration of the social media dissemination strategy of our communication materials;
- conduct research on social media influencers and support pages/groups that are useful for dissemination for the different campaign topics, and establish contacts with them if relevant;
- develop partnerships with digital journalists and media.
2) Dissemination on Facebook and Youtube
- Maintain and update our Facebook page and Youtube channel;
- engage with our community to increase the number of followers;
- post our production on our Facebook page as well as on pages of relevant groups, influencers and partners: videos, written text, still pictures…
- subscribe to paid advertisement, targeting specific layers of our audience.
3) Engagement with media
- Search for possible cooperation opportunities with traditional media – television channels, newspapers and radio stations;
- develop a network of journalists and influencers to relay the messages of our information campaigns;
- establish and follow-up a television broadcast plan for our video clips;
- organize press conferences when necessary.
4) Face-to-face dissemination activities
- Propose and organize face-to-face dissemination activities in coordination with our partners.
5) Monitoring and follow-up
- Closely keep track of the audiences and numbers of views of our posts, compile the information into an XL table, and synthesize the most significant issues raised in the comments;
- follow-up the social media activity of our partners to support our communication campaigns;
- watch activity of other stakeholders on Facebook, in relation with the refugee crisis and the issue of social cohesion in the view of increasing CFI outreach and to adapt CFI social media strategy accordingly if need be;
- draft a monthly M&E report on social media, highlighting Facebook page insights.
Full professional proficiency of Arabic and English
This position requires experience in:
- Experience in media management, knowledge of traditional media tools
- Social networking experience and knowledge of social analytics tools
- Excellent writing and editing skills (photo/video/text)
BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations
Interested candidates should submit their CV with a cover letter (max. 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 August 2019.