The information gathered in this form is only used to send you the CFI newsletter. The information may be kept for no more than 3 years. In accordance with the Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 amended in 2004, you have the right to access and correct information relating to you, which you can exercise via the contact form or by emailing email@example.com or writing to François Xavier Raffin, CFI, Direction générale, 62 rue Camille Desmoulins - F - 92130 Issy-les-Moulineaux.
To encourage the integration of environmental issues in the work produced by journalists, with the help of discussion, the exchanging of views and sharing of expertise between journalists and local players.
In partnership with
Share this project
The impact of environmental issues on the living and on society, health and the economy mean it is crucial that they are understood by the general public. And yet in countries in the Arab World, environmental news and information still occupies a marginal place in the media. The subject is often dealt with sporadically, when there are natural disasters or major international meetings, such as the annual United Nations climate change conferences (les
the COP), or for reporting on the work of the IPCC.
Environmental news and information must also be thought about in the long term to promote sustainable development goals effectively and have a greater effect on the local population regarding the issues involved.
The MediaLabEnvironment project helps to increase knowledge and understanding of the environmental challenges, by providing a better grasp of high quality information about these subjects. It supports the development of individual and collective environmental awareness among the people of Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon and Jordan.
- Forum on dealing with environmental matters and the Mediterranean Strategy for Sustainable Development (MSSD) through the media of the six countries, and participation in the Arab World Ecology forum, held by the Arab World Institute in Paris, in October 2019.
- Study trip for course managers from journalism schools to raise awareness about the creation of a module dedicated to environmental journalism.
2.Training sessions, workshops and guidance on production
- Training on environmental issues and guidance for journalists and their chief editors on the production of special reports on Environment in the Mediterranean region.
- Training for male and female solutions journalism trainers, in partnership with the
Solutions Journalism Network.
- Training in solutions journalism, guidance on production, and participation in the "Environment MediaLab and Solutions Journalism in the Mediterranean" competition.
- Media training and guidance on the production of educational, entertaining and inspirational content about the environment.
3.Closing conference and awards ceremony
Closing conference attended by all beneficiaries and partners, and the presenting of MediaLab Environment and Solutions Journalism in the Mediterranean awards. Research on environmental journalism in the Arab World will be conducted throughout the project with the beneficiaries and partners and will be published.
🔵 Médialab a encouragé le développement de contenus innovants dans le monde arabe, notamment liés à la santé et à l… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…