The information gathered in this form is only used to send you the CFI newsletter. The information may be kept for no more than 3 years. In accordance with the Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 amended in 2004, you have the right to access and correct information relating to you, which you can exercise via the contact form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to François Xavier Raffin, CFI, Direction générale, 62 rue Camille Desmoulins - F - 92130 Issy-les-Moulineaux.
To contribute towards the political, social and economic inclusion of young people in the countries of North Africa and the Middle East, by supporting their entrepreneurial projects with social, cultural and environmental impact.
In partnership with
Share this project
Safir is an ambitious programme for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the economic inclusion of young people in nine countries in North Africa and the Middle East. Supported by the European Union, its aim is to create an environment conducive to the civic engagement of young people and to encourage the development of projects with a social, cultural and environmental impact.
The programme is based on three pillars: support for more than 1,000 young project leaders, the structuring and development of a regional network of support actors and the creation of spaces for dialogue between young people and public authorities.
Safir offers candidates support sessions at the various stages of development of their entrepreneurial, media or associative project by relying on a network of local incubators recognised for their expertise. Funding will also be allocated to the most ambitious and successful projects.
This long-term initiative aims to create an environment conducive to the development of sustainable and economically viable projects. To that end, it provides higher education institutions, local incubators and civil society organisations with the means to accompany the young actors supported by the project in the region on the road towards excellence.
As part of the Safir project, CFI will provide more specific support to young people who wish to develop projects in the media sector. Over time, 15 media projects will be selected and will benefit from financial support.
1,000 young project leaders (social and media enterprises) in 9 countries
18 higher education institutions
8 local incubators
25 civil society organisations
1.Support and funding for more than 1,000 young leaders of impact projects
- Local workshops to develop a project idea (social enterprise, media) with a social and/or environmental focus for 450 young people. Strengthening competences in defining projects and creating an economic model;
- Incubation of 90 project leaders;
- Acceleration measure with financial support for 45 of those project leaders;
- Advocacy training for 630 young people, particularly for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Safir : launch of the first calls for applications
May 28, 2020
Safir is an ambitious project supporting youth and the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in 9 countries across Northern Africa and the Middle East. It starts its operational phase with the launch for the first two calls for applications towards incubators/accelerators and civil society organisations.
2.Creation, structuring and development of a regional network of support actors
- Creation and leadership of a regional network of innovative entrepreneurship support structures (SAEI): pooling and sharing of good practices, collective meetings and monthly online meetings; - Support and subsidies for the creation or consolidation of innovative spaces within 18 higher education institutions that are to join the SAEI network;
- Pooling of good practices and standardisation of advocacy training methodologies for 21 CSOs; - Support for 4 regional youth-related events to strengthen peer exchange on a regional level.
3.Creating a space for dialogue and consultation
- Regional meeting on youth participation, bringing together all project beneficiaries, local authorities and policy makers, project partners, experts, etc.;
- Multi-stakeholder workshops on the topic of "youth participation in the realisation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)" and the invitation of 20 young people to take part in the work of the Arab Forum for Sustainable Development;
- The "Responsible Initiative Prize" highlighting a successful partnership between young people and local authorities;
- Realisation of a study on culture as a vector of democratisation.