The information gathered in this form is only used to send you the CFI newsletter. The information may be kept for no more than 3 years. In accordance with the Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 amended in 2004, you have the right to access and correct information relating to you, which you can exercise via the contact form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to François Xavier Raffin, CFI, Direction générale, 62 rue Camille Desmoulins - F - 92130 Issy-les-Moulineaux.
#PAGOF: second regional seminar in Abidjan on 5 and 6 November
November 7, 2019
Share this news
This seminar brings together more than a hundred people from government and civil society (including media organisations) from 16 African countries with the aim of sharing good practices as part of the Open Government Partnership (OGP).
- To promote and share, at the regional level, good practices and success stories around open government in countries that are already members of the OGP and benefit from #PAGOF, namely Tunisia, Burkina Faso and Côte d'Ivoire, with the target being countries wishing to join;
- To build momentum and a ripple effect with a view to drawing other French-speaking African countries towards the OGP, including by supporting them to meet the criteria for membership of the OGP;
- To share open government tools in French that may be usefully supplemented and replicated in all countries.
- Media organisations, parliament, private sector, universities and academia: key open government actors;
- The right of access to information;
- Addressing the challenges of transparency and financial governance;
- From political leadership to citizen participation;
- Open government: necessary integration at the local level.
Over the course of the two days, experts and practitioners will be presenting experiences, projects and tools that facilitate the implementation of open government within government and civil society.
This event is organised as part of the Project in Support of Open Governments in French-Speaking Africa (#PAGOF), a project jointly implemented by CFI and Expertise France with funding from the French Development Agency (AFD).